Get ready Cave Creek Arizona!
Arizona Wild West Festival, Arizona’s newest and largest western/music festival,will againtake place March 11-12, 2017 in Cave Creek, AZ. The festival will fill the town on a beautiful weekend with events from quick draw and western stunts, to a treasure hunt and music contest. Please visit CaveCreekLive.com in the upcoming days for photos, articles and video from this amazing event. Cave Creek Live would also like to thank their partners who make this happen: 6 Gun Entertainment and Booth Communications.
Welcome, gunfighters, vendors and the public!
Arizona Wild West Fest adds activities to March 10-12 festival
Western/music festival brings second year of excitement
Cave Creek, Arizona – Arizona Wild West Festival, Arizona’s largest western/music festival, will take place March 10-12, 2017, in Cave Creek, Ariz. Admission is free to the public. This one-of-a-kind event will feature a number of signature, family-friendly activities including, but not limited to:
-On Friday, March 10, crowds will roar as the Buffalo Chip Saloon & Steakhouse hosts an evening of high intensity bull riding known as Battle with the Saddle. Bull riding takes place at 8, 9:30 and 10:45 PM
-The festival kickoffs on Saturday, March 11 with a patriotic salute to our country and its veterans. Presented by American Legion Post 34 on the west lot of Frontier town at 11:30 AM
- Kickin’ ‘n Pickin’: on Saturday, March 11, western, country western and southern rock bands battle for the top title as the best local western band around. The one-day music event, which will be judged, will conclude with a prize for the winning musical act. The Horny Toad will feature music for judging at 1 PM; the Buffalo Chip’s band will play for judges at 2; the Silver Spur Saloon at 3 PM; Rock the District’s Homestretch teen band to compete at the Buffalo Chip at 5 PM; and Outlaw Annie’s at 7 PM
- Guns of Anarchy: gunfighter performers from around the U.S. will compete during a competition for first, second and third place cash prizes, the largest purse in the West. The competitions take place on the west lot of Frontier Town, 11-3 on March 11 and 11-2, March 12
- Elegance in History: contestants showcase their best in period correct wardrobe; professionally judged on the west lot of Frontier Town; March 11 at 11 AM
- On Saturday, March 11, Arizona’s first full-length western film, Copper Wind, will premiere at the Sanderson Lincoln Pavilion, which is located at 101 Easy Street in the center of downtown Carefree, Ariz. Sponsored by Sanderson Lincoln, the evening will include a no-host bar, appetizers, cast members from the film and the screening of the historic movie-making film, which features an all Arizona cast and crew of more than 85 people. Music will begin at 4:30 PM with the screening taking place at 6:00 PM. Guests are encouraged to bring a donation for the Foothills Food Bank
- Rock the District: teen bands play their best country music for the crowds at Big Earl’s Greasy Eats. March 11 is a “band-off” between rockers and crooners; March 12 bands play for fun; the musicians play both days from 12-2 PM
- Hooligan’s Treasure Hunt: teams of two to four receive a set of clues for this fun western treasure hunt from representatives on the west lot of Frontier Town then figure out where to find “treasures “at each stop; the first three winning groups receive a prize; March 11, 12-1:30 PM
- Bust the Dust: action-packed Outlaw Annie’s arena will feature some of Arizona and Hollywood’s best stuntmen compete on an arduous obstacle course filled with high falling, knuckle brawling challenges for prizes and bragging rights. Come between 8-11 AM for a cowboy breakfast and Bloody Mary bar; March 11, 12:00-2:00 PM
- On March 12, the activities kickoff with Church at the Chip at 9 AM at the nostalgic Buffalo Chip Saloon
- Period vendors and other western entertainment
“This is the second year for this unique western/music festival,” says Fran Booth, ABC, chair of the event. “Festival attendees will enjoy everything from gunfight performances and team treasure hunts to a professional stuntman rivalry, wild and crazy western entertainment and some of the best music in the territory. There has never been a festival like it in Arizona.”
Six Gun Entertainment, LLC in conjunction with Cavecreeklive.com, Booth Communications, Inc., Southwest Stunt Association, Southwest Industrial Rigging, Sanderson Lincoln Black Label and other community sponsors, produces Arizona Wild West Festival.