GET READY NOW!
Arizona’s only all day, all night Halloween event,
Cave Creek Wicked planned for October 25
New first time events added
Creek Wicked, Arizona’s only all day, all night Halloween event, will be held on Saturday, October 25, 2014. The family-friendly, daytime portion of the event runs from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, while the evening costume contest pub crawl runs from 7:00 PM to 2:00 AM.
This year, Cave Creek Wicked expands with a number of thrilling events and activities including the Zombie Walk and the Gears & Ghosts. The Gears & Ghosts Bike Ride starts at 2:30 PM at Flat Tire Bike Shop, which is located at 6033 E. Cave Creek Road. Bikers, in Halloween costumes, will begin the ride at 3:00 PM and make five stops: Flat Tire Bike Shop, Grotto Café, The Horny Toad, Janey’s and Bryan’s BBQ - in Cave Creek where they can enjoy food and libations, 30 minutes at each stop. The ride will conclude at Flat Tire Bike Shop at 6:00 PM. The Zombie Walk begins at 11:00 AM in front of Wild West Pawn on Cave Creek Road and lasts until 12:00 PM. Costumed walkers will make their way from the west end of town to a four-corner stop, then return.
Two new exciting events also will take place at Cave Creek and Schoolhouse Roads: from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Rare Earth Gallery, which is located on the southwest corner, will feature live zombies, candy and a water station. Then, from 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM, the Zombie Ball will "come to life" on the northeast corner of School House Roads. There will be four spirit and beer bars, a live band, a live DJ, psychic readers, make-up artists, tattoo artists, a laser show and food trucks. The Zombie Ball will be included on the pub crawl route beginning at 7:00 PM.
In addition, Wild at Heart, Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center and Phoenix Herpetological Society will bring beautiful desert birds and mammals for visitors to see and learn about.
Cave Creek Wicked kicks off with fun for families, couples and singles from 11AM-4 PM. During this portion of the event, visitors will enjoy Halloween activities along the west end of Cave Creek on Cave Creek Road including:
• community-wide trick or treating
• pet costume contest/parade (1:30 PM-3:00 PM), pet vendors, wood-fired pizza, birds of prey, reptiles, pet adoptions and more!
• horse costume contest at 11:30 AM (northwest corner of Hidden Valley and Cave Creek Roads)
• petting zoo at Black Mountain Feed
• Adaptive Force Thriller dancers at Frontier Town (east lot) every 20 minutes
• the BooCrew face painters
• Halloween make-up demo at Big Earl’s Greasy Eats
• arts and crafts
• fire and police fun (Cave Creek Auctions lot)
• food and beverage
• kids’ costume contest (12:30 PM -1:30 PM at Cave Creek Candles & Gifts in Frontier Town)
• margarita garden and taco stand at El Encanto
• bounce house
For the late night costumed crowd, beginning at 6:00 PM through 1:00 AM, board a complimentary fun bus from that continuously loops to and from the town’s top saloons for wicked staggered costume contests, specialty themed cocktails and prizes. The saloons and times are:
• 7:00 PM: Big Earl’s Greasy Eats
• 8:15 PM: Smokehouse
• 9:30 PM: Buffalo Chip Saloon
•10:45 PM: Harold’s Corral
•12:00 PM: Cave Creek Tap Haus
Stops also will be made at Hogs and Horse, the Zombie Ball at Cave Creek and School House Roads and Hideaway Grill.
For more information, visit www.cavecreekwicked.com or call 602.400.3330.
Boo! See you there!